I’m Nathaniel Suchy, a Software Engineer Consultant who lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. I am a Enthusiastic technical professional with complete understanding of entire software development lifecycle. I am highly trained in Full Stack Web Development and the Ruby Programming Language. I am known for having talents in Ruby On Rails and Ruby Performance Optimization.
This is a list of the technologies I work with on a daily basis.
- Ruby Programming Language, an elegant programming language with English-like syntax. It’s interpreted and loved by many developers.
- Ruby On Rails, including extensive experience in the ActiveRecord, ActiveJobs, and ActiveMailer modules.
- Crystal Programming Language, Crystal is a language like Ruby (copies it’s syntax and idioms) – it adds a compiler (built on LLVM) and strict type checking to reduce bugs and allow you to focus on better business logic rather than technical bugs caused by a null or incorrectly typed value.
- Amber Framework including extensive experience with Granite an Object Relational Mapper. Amber Framework is to Crystal Language, as Ruby on Rails is to Ruby.
- HTML5/CSS3, the standard languages for building a web page viewable in modern web browsers.
- Proxmox VE, a hypervisor built on Debian Linux for managing containers and KVM guests.
- PostgresSQL & MySQL (MariaDB, drop-in replacement for MySQL) Database Management
- Redis, a high speed in-memory key value store.
- Git, a popular version control system commonly used with GitHub, GitLab, and Gitea
- Docker, a container platform which allows software engineers to package their software for production deployment and to build easier development environments.
- Linux Systems Administration, strong understanding of the command line, and how to configure Linux systems (I specialize in Debian Linux).